Completed Career Opportunities
View all previously available career opportunities.
Head Human Resources, Mining
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: COMPLETED
POSITION: Head Human Resources
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Mining
MINE LOCATION: Gauteng
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
To lead a Human Resources function for a major mining organisation. The incumbent will assume responsibility and authority for defining group strategy, policy and governance for operational human resources. Particular focus is on: managing and advising the strategic human resource aspects that impact operations on a day to day basis; overseeing the project environment and all related people aspects of projects including legislative compliance, record keeping, policy and procedure frameworks, cultural and performance aspects; co-ordinating and ensuring execution on human resource strategy. In addition, provide strong leadership and management to the Human Resources team, ultimately ensuring that the Human Resources department operates efficiently and aligns with the broader business objectives.
KEY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- A BCom (Hons) in Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology
- Ideally have an MBA
- At least ten years’ experience in both operational and strategic human resources roles in an organisation which employs more than 500 people
- Should have a working knowledge of the mining industry and supporting a multi-site operation
- Should have a track record of success of leading a human resources function in an organisation that has ramped up and downsized operations
- Must have demonstrable experience in partnering and collaborating with diverse stakeholders, including dealing with Labour Union Representatives
- Strong people management and leadership skills in order to influence people, build and maintain relationships
- Able to build effective teams
- Must have or be able to qualify for the Certificate of Fitness in the mining industry
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.