Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Leading Retail Bank
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: Current
POSITION: Chief Financial Officer
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Leading Retail Bank
JOB LOCATION: Midrand, Gauteng
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
The Chief Financial Officer is accountable for strategic financial leadership and guidance of and to manage the operation of the Financial, Treasury and the Procurement function of the Bank. The role is also responsible to develop long term plans aimed at improving performance and driving business improvement and growth initiatives to keep the Bank competitive using ever-changing technology and data in the form of predictive analytics to determine strategy while protecting the organisation against instability and risk
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Essential to hold a Post Graduate Degree Science/ Commerce in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, IT, Risk Management including a professional registration. CPA, MBA/MBL, CIMA/CA (SA) is advantageous
- Must have at least 10 years post qualifying experience in senior financial management role within the banking/ communication sector, ideally recently retail banking. Experience in Investment & Corporate Banking, Recapitalisation and Mergers & Acquisition advantageous
- Must have a genuine understanding the retail banking industry and be able to handle its complexity.
- Must have sound knowledge of financial institutions, accounting standards, tax legislation, basic statistical principles and the ability to interpret financial statements, write reports
- Must have strong ability to communicate and engage with all levels of the organisation and work in a collaborative manner, especially complement with Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors
- Proven leadership, communication and negotiation skills as well as relevant legal knowledge
- In-depth business awareness and thorough understanding of financial services sector and risk policies and procedures.
- Should be a passionate self-starter and team player with strong interest so resolve conflicts and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
Send your details in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to final client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.