Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Chief Financial Officer, Holding Company of a Franchised Retail Company
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: Current
POSITION: Chief Financial Officer
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Holding Company of a Franchised Retail Company
JOB LOCATION: Cape Town
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
The individual will assume responsibility for the growth, strategy and financial functions of the company and its subsidiary companies, ensuring effective financial direction and control within the business.
Together with the Chief Executive, the Chief Financial Officer will develop the financial strategy to drive the direction and leadership of the business; build on the effective accounting and reporting system and maintain internal controls to ensure the integrity of the financial system is reliable, and in line with the business objectives and requisite governance protocols.
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Must be a Chartered Accountant – CA(SA)
- Must have managed the financial function within a business with a turnover of at least R1billion
- At least ten years senior management position exposure at an Executive level with some retail or franchise background
- An advantage to have some listing and or private equity experience
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment / structure will be a distinct advantage.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in working collaboratively with functional managers and the business leader to develop business plans
- Must have a good understanding of audit and risk assessment processes and principles
- Must understand how to formulate and execute business strategies
- Must have demonstrated an ability to establish robust systems and controls and build a strong performing team
- A track record of success in continuing the existing growth and momentum of a businesses to over achievement and building the next growth phase
- Operate as a senior, trusted management figure displaying good judgement and absolute integrity to inspire trust and confidence.
- An energetic leader with an entrepreneurial flair and a pro-active "can-do" attitude
- “A merchant at heart and an accountant by trade”
Send your details in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.