Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Chief Operating Officer, Specialist Mining Industry
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: Current
POSITION: Chief Operating Officer
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Specialist Mining Industry
JOB LOCATION: Johannesburg
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
Responsible for controlling all the technical aspects of the operations.
Be technically accountable for implementation, monitoring, optimisation, integration and alignment of the business process and the setting of work systems to enhance internal effectiveness in a continuous operation. Constantly searching for ways and methods of enhancing the operational systems in order to achieve continuous improvement.
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Must have at least 15 years’ experience with at least five years in a senior management position for a mining/processing company
- A demonstrated in depth understanding of all aspects of processing operations with a minimum of ten years of metallurgical experience; with significant mineral separation and floatation experience
- Proven experience in optimisation, integration and overall improvement of business processes within a mining/processing operation
- Experience working with Platinum, Manganese, Iron Ore, Chrome and Base Metals (copper, nickel, and zinc)
- Significant technical knowledge and practical hands on operational experience in managing and optimizing plants
- Demonstrated track record with experience in multi-site and multi-commodity
- An Engineer with ideally a Bachelor degree in either Metallurgy, Instrumentation, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
Send your details in confidence to: email@example.com
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to final client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details