Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Independent Non-Executive Director of the Main Board, (with Investment Banking and Corporate Finance experience)
XECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: Current
POSITION: Independent Non-Executive Director of the Main Board
(with Investment Banking and Corporate Finance experience)
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Listed Retail Group
REPORTS TO: Chairperson
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
The Non-Executive Director should bring an experienced and objective view to Board issues and deliberations. He/she would be expected to have an impact on the Board, providing a dynamic and creative contribution to the strategic direction of the Company as well as on a wide range of business issues. He/she should provide independent oversight of the integrity of the Annual Financial Statement and the effectiveness of the Group’s finance functions.
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with preference for a Chartered Accountant
- Must be a technically sound Financial Executive, having ideally held a senior finance role in a significant listed company with a proven track record of providing a framework for the sound financial management of the organisation
- Strong investment or finance acumen and intellectual rigour to understand complex issues quickly
- Useful to have had prior M&A experience; and experience in advising corporates with regards to debt capital markets
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of business generally with an appreciation of broad economic, commercial and financial trends, and the ability to guide and assist in the risk management process and offering recommendations on risk-related matters where required
- Should be an individual with sound risk management and control skills
- A commitment to and competent understanding of high standards of corporate governance and of Director’s responsibilities including fiduciary duties:
- Ideally should have exposure to Internal Financial Framework (including Financial Controls, Risk and Compliance Governance, Information Technology Governance) and Combined Assurance (and the Internal and External Audit Function)
Send your details in confidence to: email@example.com
Note: Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to client interview. Should you be interviewed by Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.