Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Managing Director, International Maritime Company
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: Current
POSITION: Managing Director
NATURE OF BUSINESS: International Maritime Company
JOB LOCATION: Johannesburg or Durban preferred, Cape Town as alternative
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY: Assume responsibility and authority for the effective leadership and profitable management of the company’s South Africa operations so as to achieve a financial performance which is in line with agreed objectives with particular emphasis on: driving operational and commercial performance; maintaining market share; ensuring the provision of the highest levels of quality and customer service; whilst driving growth in existing and new business areas as well as and developing and leading staff
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Maintain close collaboration with global headquarters in achieving optimal trade management results and supporting key account management
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a trading and service organisation that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company with six branch offices
- Identify and develop local business opportunities, expansion of business, development into new markets or business fields
- Establish credibility and develop relationships with the company’s key customers so as to maintain market share. Negotiate contracts with customers and suppliers as well as function as lead "Client-Care Officer" through direct contact with every client and partner
- Lead the organisation into continued market dominance, greater growth and profitability, by implementing a style of management which embodies strategic vision and which encourages innovation and the initiation of new and better ways of doing things
- At least fifteen years’ post-qualifying experience, with a minimum of five years in a senior general management/operations role in an organisation that offers trade management or export services
- Significant Experience within the maritime sector will be an advantage as well as strong financial and commercial acumen
- Commercially focussed, self-motivated forward thinker with an entrepreneurial mind-set and an hands-on approach as well as the capacity to grow strategic ability
- A passionate self-starter and team player with strong interest so resolve conflicts and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Analytical, research and problem-solving skills coupled with business acumen and scenario planning skills.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
Send your details in confidence to: email@example.com
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to final client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.